We are recruiting individuals who are committed to serving their community by becoming a member of the AmeriCorps Program. Members provide small group and one-on-one literacy tutoring to students in kindergarten through third grade in Clarendon, Lee and Sumter Counties.
About AmeriCorps Members
AmeriCorps members are dynamic, engaging individuals who commit to intensive service in their community by helping students succeed in school. In the Reading Success Program, members are 18 years or older with some college education or a retiree and serve 10 to 20 hours per week for one year.
- plan structured and meaningful tutoring activities
- implement one-on-one and small group tutoring
- attend regular training and professional development
- collaborate with staff to monitor student progress
- serve as a positive role model to students
- report on student contacts
- create and manage a schedule to ensure all students receive appropriate hours
- participate in two community service projects
*specific duties vary across program sites
- Must be 18 years or older with High School Diploma or GED
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must commit to 10 to 20 hours per week
- Must pass criminal background check including FBI fingerprinting